Liberal, Irreverent

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Edwards to accept public financing

The fact that Edwards is accepting public financing does not speak well of the status of his campaign, or at least that's what many suspect. Everyone knows that to win an election in this country you need money, and lots of it. And the fact that you want to do it "with only $45 million" when we all know takes at least $100 million, is not a good thing for Edwards. John Edwards says he wants to make a stand, set an example and he invites Obama and Clinton to follow suit, but for some reason I don't swallow it. Don't get me wrong, I hope he succeeds in his campaign and I would even like further that all candidates, of both parties, follow the example. But we all know that that main contenders in both parties have millions from corporations, unions, PAC's plus all the individual donors. I am a dreamer, but I am also realistic. Some $45 million cannot compete and I don't thing Edwards will make it. I certainly believe that the democratic nomination is now be between Obama and Clinton.

LeMonton

No comments: