- Latinos are 30% of the Texas voting population and we know they support Democrats (70% voted for Obama in the 2012 election)
- African Americans are 12% of the Texas voting population and we know they also support Democrats (93% voted for Obama in the 2012 election)
- Obama still got 41% of the vote in Texas even though the Democratic Party has not invested serious resources in Texas for a while
- Just over 2 million eligible Hispanics did not vote
- Add to that all other democrats who just don't bother because they believe Texas is still a reliable red state (blacks, women, young, Liberal whites. And yes, there are a lot of Liberal whites in Texas) and you get the picture
Texas is ripe for blue harvesting. It is a matter now of resources to start organizing.
Spread the word!